top of page
  • Writer's pictureLucy Viggiano

When should I call a Public Adjuster?

Updated: May 1, 2023

If you experience damage to your home as a result from an incident such as a fire, windstorm, burglary or flood you should contact a public adjuster as soon as possible prior to contacting your insurance provider. A public adjuster will usually visit and help determine the severity of damage and whether an insurance claim should be filed. Even if a policyholder is confident in the dollar value of their property loss, it's good practice to get a second opinion. Adjusters often find that a policyholder's loss estimate is far below the value when visiting the property. A policyholder might not be aware, of all the costs they can include in a claim while a public adjuster will have move experience and is unlikely to overlook any cost. Remember it never hurts to get a second opinion on a potential claim.

20 views0 comments


bottom of page