top of page
  • Writer's pictureLucy Viggiano

Flood Insurance

Floods happen anywhere with little, if any, warning, and flood waters rise quickly. Take the necessary steps now to prepare yourself, your family, your pets, your home, your business or organization well in advance. Trying to handle this alone can be overwhelming. Hire a Licensed Public Adjuster walk you through the process and remove much of the burden. To follow is some helpful tips:

What is covered if you have flood insurance;

  • Electrical and plumbing systems;

  • Furnaces and water heaters;

  • Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built=in appliances like dishwashers;

  • Permanently installed carpeting;

  • Permanently installed cabinets, paneling, and bookcases;

  • Window blinds;

  • Foundation walls, anchorage systems, and staircases;

  • Detached garages;

  • Fuel tanks, well water tanks and pumps, and solar energy equipment.

However, you need to be aware of what is also not covered under your flood building and contents coverage:

  • Temporary housing and additional living expenses incurred while the building is being repaired or is unable to be occupied;

  • Property outside of an insured building. For example, landscaping, wells, septic systems, decks and patios, fences, seawalls, hot tubs, and swimming pools;

  • Financial losses caused by business interruption;

  • Currency, precious metals, stock certificates and other valuable papers;

  • Cars and most self-propelled vehicles, including their parts;

  • Personal property kept in basements.

11 views0 comments


bottom of page